- This event has passed.
Medoc Marathon 2017 Princess Possie
September 10 @ 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
If you can run 10k you can finish medoc … the greatest race on earth. https://www.mudstacle.com/2015/09/medoc-marathon-video-review-27-miles-and-22-wine-stops.html It’s a party marathon you can walk jog with 20+ wine stops, ice-cream, steak and oysters. Fancy dress mandatory, amazingness guaranteed. Last time took us over 7 hrs so no excuses. We’re going back en mass, package deal booked before official places open. Buses and registrations all bespoke to our group. If you’re not a friend of Princess (Hellard) please have a friend vouch for you below, as payment based on trust. Voluntary £20 surcharge to Street Child. Get involved and invite your friends.
I need to get our registrations in by 10th Feb before official registrations open, so please register asap and put in your deposits. It’s been a huge amount of work coordinating the group in the past so I’m answering all questions now, please read this, check the official website and the link above before emailing questions, as we are likely to have 100-250 people coming and if everyone emails once …..
Medoc is truly one of the funnest events on earth, but please bear in mind:
– We’re booked accommodation from Friday to Sunday, book your own flights or trains. We go large on Friday night, so don’t get in too late
– Our group gets a special deal, we don’t have to travel to Paulliac on the Friday to register (a major ball ache), we get buses to pick us up from our hotel on race day and leave Paulliac when we want after the marathon, giving us more time in the free booze tent instead of having to take their buses at the set times.
– It is expensive, as accommodation is limited. The agency charges a premium as almost all accommodation is block booked by them. You might be able to get a cheaper deal by booking your accomm not through the agency, but you will then have to pick up your race number in Paulliac on the Friday (90 mins away) and take the official coach. Possibly worth it if you are skint, but definitely not if you don’t want to have to take a day off work and have a lot of hassle. Please don’t email asking if I’ve checked airbnb or if we can do something different, we’ve tried this since 2011 and it’s too hard logistically for a large group.
– Once registrations open the prices are exactly the same as we receive. i will ask for a optional £20 donation to Street Child, but other than that you’re paying the same as through the website, but with far less hassle.
– All rooms are doubles, if you don’t have someone to share with, no problem, we’ll match you with someone from the group of the same sex.
– Deposits are just that, we have to pay a non-refundable deposit, so if you have to cancel I’m afraid you will lose your deposit.
– Everyone requires a medical form, it’s French policy, there is a dropbox with a template on our registration page, please get it signed. They don’t really check so create a signed form however you choose, but please create one.
– Fancy dress is 33 bpm (albums/records) we’ll have a vote in the Facebook group as to the theme, it’s much more fun if we all dress the same, as you can spot an instant friend. https://www.facebook.com/events/426031574395008/
– Invite your friends, but if you don’t know me personally please mention the connection.
Full details and registration: http://workhardplayhellard.weebly.com/medoc.html
This is going to be epic!